6 Tips for taking better photos at the beach:
- Keep your camera steady, very steady!
- Get closer to your main subject, if you think you're close enough...move even closer. Fill the entire frame.
- Beach pictures taken in morning and late afternoon look better than ones taken mid-day at the beach.
- Make the event fun! People talking to each other, interacting, or doing something are more interesting than posed pictures.
- Include colorful objects! Grab a beach ball, beach toys, or get your beach umbrella in the background. Bright & colorful objects will bring your pictures to life.
- Many beach pictures come out with sand too bright, and people too dark. Use your flash to brighten faces at the beach, and this also helps to prevent your subject/s from squinting.
Well Done! You're ready for the best Outer Banks vacation ever!